Lifespan Spring Water Analysis:
|Country of Origin:
|Buff Bay, Portland
|Lifespan Co. Ltd.
|+1 876 633 7540
“So what are you going to do with your life?” This question was asked of Nayana Williams just over 18 years ago upon her return from the USA. Truth is, for a St. Mary born young woman recently married and living in Portland, the options were limited. “I am going into the spring water business”. Her response surprised her husband, Devon as unbeknown to him, she had spent months researching the topic and he listened enthusiastically as she shared her research. If there is one thing that Portland has in abundance, is water. They then moved into action, to find not only a source, but the very best source available. The mission was not just to start a business, but the underlying vision was one of health, improving their customer’s health one bottle at a time.
Their quest led them to a property in Spring Garden, just outside of Buff Bay. Their hands trembled as they opened the report from the Bureau of Standards, as something told them that this source in Spring Gardens was the place – and they were right! The analysis showed a water source with high alkalinity – 7.9 to 8.4pH, ideal concentration of calcium, potassium and magnesium, minerals vitally needed by the human body.
As the rains fall on the Blue Mountains, it takes years to percolate through the mountains, dissolving the calcium, magnesium and potassium on its journey to the aquifer, the underground collection point. This is the source of Lifespan Spring Water, no chemicals added. In fact, testing by local and international labs puts it a much higher quality than even the Jamaican standard for purified water – without most of the chemicals allowed in minute quantities.
So began the journey of entrepreneurship and the rest as they say, is history. The challenges have been real, particularly during the Covid pandemic, the resulting supply chain disruption and the attendant cash flow issues had slowed the growth but the company has persevered with a resolute focus to be listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange in the near term.
- A four-time awardee (2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023) of the Monde Selection International Quality Institute, Brussels, Belgium.
- Meets the Quality in Business Standard set by the International Trade Council - 2021
- Won the “Legends in Business” category in the Go Global Award for the International Trae Council – 2021
- National’s “Bold Ones” Award for Entrepreneurship – 2014
- National Commercial Banks Capital Quest finalist - 2015
- Nominee – Jamaica Chamber of Commerce, New Entrepreneur Award, 2014
- Jamaica Manufacturers Association’s Eddie Hall Award for New Manufacturer of the Year, 2011
- Certified by NSF International (annually)
- Membership in the International Bottled Water Association