Vellamo Water Analysis:
|Country of Origin:||Finland|
|Company:||Ice Age Water Ltd.|
Vellamo water has been studied actively throughout the years due to its unique and fascinating attributes, being water from the Ice Age. The studies were conducted in 1996 (Geological Survey of Finland, Kankainen & Karhu), 2016 (Geological Survey of Finland, Hendriksson & Hyvönen), and 2017 (Geological Survey of Finland, Hendriksson & Hyvönen). All studies concluded, via different analysis methods, that Vellamo’s deep bore-well contains water more than 10 000 years old, originating from the Ice Age.
“These types of groundwaters could not have been formed under the current warm climate conditions. It can be concluded that a significant amount of the analysed groundwater formed under cold climate conditions during the ice ages, at least 10,000 years ago. An exact upper limit for the age cannot be given, because cooler ice age periods have followed one another in Scandinavia at regular intervals for about two million years. “ Geological Survey of Finland, The Ministry of Employment and Economy of Finland, 1996.
- FineWaters Taste Awards 2021 / bronze award
- German Design Awards 2020 / winner
- The Packaging Innovation Awards 2020 by Dow / silver award
- Reddot Design Award 2019 / winner
- Innobev Zenith Design Awards 2019 / gold award
- FineWaters Design Awards 2019 / gold award
- FineWaters Taste Awards 2019 / bronze award
- Pentawards New York 2018 / silver award