New York Springs Natural Spring Water flows from an ancient spring located within Vly Mountain near the village of Halcott Center, NY. Named after the area’s first settler, George W. Halcott, Halcott Center is located in the valley of Vly Creek, and ringed by mountains on three sides.
The spring flowing from the side of Vly Mountain was first used by settlers in 1887 and has been owned by the same family for four generations. In addition to being a drinking water source, the spring’s cool water was piped to the barn to water livestock. The pipes were actually six foot sections of hemlock logs with the centers drilled by hand. Many of these “pump logs” are still in place after more than 100 years.
Bubbling fresh from the source, the water flows directly from the spring into stainless steel staging tanks, and then passes through three separate filtration systems. It is then ozonated before being exposed to an ultra violet light to destroy any possible bacteria. This process takes less than 30 seconds. Inside a “clean room” the water is then placed into bottles and sealed. The quality control system, with checks and analyses made every three hours.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites